Long Weekend on Long Lake

12:00 AM

Long Weekend on Long Lake

This was the weekend that I chose to break an insecurity. I've always been comfortable with my body and body type. Though I have always been somewhat shy in minimal clothing; and swimsuits never cover much. I think its important to embrace your natural body type and accentuate the areas you are happy with. I recently purchased this suit from the Victoria's Secret website and was pleasantly surprised by its fit and how I was able to pull off wearing a white suit, as a natural ginger. SCORE!



 When choosing a swimsuit always know what you're looking for first. One pieces are HUGE this season though many of the ones i've seen while shopping probably expose more than a bikini does… However this suit is full frontal coverage with a laced back detail and with tassels! I recommend one pieces that have a higher cut on the sides because it will help lengthen your leg and to avoid the cut off thigh look. (You know, when the spandex lining comes down a bit too far and unflatteringly displays your athletic thighs?)




 One of my closest friends, Ashley, and her husband bought a cottage on Long Lake in Hale Michigan in 2015 and I finally had the chance to check it out. This is the view I woke up to in the mornings; jealous yet? The better part, the above photo is completely UNEDITED. Yeah, envy worthy views with the friendliest people in the most serene of environments. If you can find a home for sale on this lake, highly recommend it!


The deep croaking of bullfrogs rang in harmony at 7:00am which was later unitized with the honking of families of geese. Matt and I could not have asked for better company on this mini vacation over Memorial Day weekend. The calm waters of Long Lake is quite quaint which provided plenty of time for relaxation. Even better, terrible cell phone reception allowed us all to actually interact with one another! GO FIGURE!


I love the smell of campfires and enjoyed my first of the season. Hot crackling wood heating the bottoms of my feet and warding off pesky misquitoes is the first ingredient of an amazing summer to come. 



 At the beginning of every season I always make a point to purchase a few quality swimsuits. I've found that well made suits with high quality fabrics and flattering cuts is well worth a bit more money. The one highly unflattering characteristic i've found with cheap suits is that they do not always form well to the body and tend to become loose after getting wet. This often results in awful sagging and looks more like you're wearing a diaper. 
Here are some other great suits to check out;


 It is imperative that I wear a sunhat in the summers to protect my fair skin. Target has a large variety to choose from under $20! Here are some amazing options; 


My super gorgeous and hospitable friend Ashley!


Adios!

I always enjoy hearing from you all and thank you so much for your continued support! Let me know in the comments where you've found some great quality swimsuits and any tips or tricks you've picked up during your search for the perfect suit. You can also check us out on Facebook and Instagram! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images