Drawn From Imagination

9:00 AM



I believe in making everything your own.  As architects we are taught to draw from what we know and then to extrapolate our creations. Our imaginations shape the world as we know it and its always evolving. Even though we may have a deadline, our "projects" are never finished. Rarely do we feel as though we have a finite task in our hands. My creative outlet is ever changing. What my style is now is different from what it was last year and will continue to grow and shape throughout my life. 


For this feature, I drew from Taylor Swift. "Effortless class" is how I would describe her above look. It appears as though she's in a rush and just effortlessly throws on some clothes and this just happens to be the final product. Brilliance. The secret isn't in the action of getting dressed but in the items themselves. A colorful blanket scarf can be worn in any season, you just need to know how to #style it. The key to a look like this is to not over think it. The more you fuss with the outfit the less "effortless" it looks. Your imagine ends up looking like you're trying too hard, (We all know that look right? Junior high cattiness and all). Taylor didn't get caught up in making sure the details were matchy-matchy. You can mix colors as long as they're in the same tonal value family. Check out her pants and scarf, both greenish, both cool tones but they're not the exact same color. I love that she's carrying a black leather bag with (Oh my gosh!) BROWN boots! Yeah girlfriends, the 90's called and they want that rule back.



Perhaps i'll use my blanket scarf as a magic carpet in the summer months to discover A Whole New World… 


…ok back to reality and my iced chai tea latte.


(In my head, channeling beautiful women in history.) "Ah, Marilyn! No, no! Bettie Page. Just look deep in thought."


"Yeah, yeah! Mae West…"


"… Forget it. Lets just be batman."

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images