A Touch of Rosie: Part 1

9:00 AM



Me. Trying to channel my inner Rosie Huntington-Whitely. 
Almost...


I enjoy the art of make-up as much as the next girl. However, I somehow missed that portion of being a teenage girl and learning to eloquently highlight my features. Fashionable clothes… check! Hair styling… check! Nail polish… check! Make-up… 

Uh. 
Hhm. 
*Crickets Chirping* 
Yeah…

I think most of us have had that experience a time or two. Now days we have YouTube and just about every other social media outlet available at our disposal and at the ready to teach us the tips and tricks experts use. Even after watching all those videos, if you're like me and still lack that natural grace with applying liquid eye-liner then consult the experts! 


My friend Sarah (pictured) and I took a trip to Ulta and consulted one of their fabulous artists. Did you know there are teams of professionals at Ulta, Sephora or any other high end cosmetic store that will be available and ready to help you? The best part, you don't even have to pay them! Most of these artists are there to help you find the best color or product for yourself so take their time seriously! Ask questions, go in knowing what look you want and let them guide you. I worked with a fabulous man named Anthony and he showed us how to contour our faces (correctly) and pointed me towards a fantastic liquid eye liner that is EASY to apply. The first time I used it I was shocked at how easily the ink went on and how achievable the cat-eye look is for newbies. The experience was mind-blowing! These experts are there to help you, just have a direction in mind and allow them to lead you down the path! Check out the products below to see how we created our looks!



I believe in mixing high end products as well as your standard "bread and butter" convenience store  cosmetics (Don't write these off just yet ladies!). In my experience splurging on the products set in place to HELP you apply it, its worth the extra dough. This liquid eye-liner is easy as cake to apply and well worth the $25 investment. Can you really put a price on a flawlessly drawn cat-eye?


I wish I had Rosie's lips, naturally that is (Promise I'm not going Kylie Jenner on you guys). So in an effort to create a great shape, I always use a liner. This way you have a bit more play with shaping your lips more the way you want and filling with lipstick after that. I used high and low products here!

*Style Secret* Apply a small amount of highlighter on your cupids bow to really define the lip line and create the illusion of a fuller lip.




A beginners guide to contouring! If you want to know how to contour, start here. This SmashBox product gives you a step by step "how-to" contour. This product shows true thought. Theres even a chart to show you where exactly the Contour, Bronze, and Highlighter should go based off your shape face. Could there even be a better way to start out with this era of sculpting your features?

*Style Secret* Contouring should be applied to your face after your foundation, concealer and powder routine. BLEND BLEND BLEND! When you use more product the more sculpted you will look. For a more natural look (Like Sarah's below) use less product and blend away.



I guess it is easier to achieve such an elegant look with naturally feminine bone structure. Lucky Sarah! Isn't she just gorgeous guys? 

Let me know what you all think in the comments below! Are there any products I should know about to better refine my skills in the art of make-up? Stay tuned and check back tomorrow for PART TWO!

Happy Shopping!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images