1 Dress 3 Options!

12:00 AM


 Today we are going to talk about two very important topics for any fashion enthusiast! The first: how to transition your summer clothes to fall and winter clothes and the second: how to expand your closet and trick YOURSELF into realizing you have more options than you originally thought! This is my staple piece - 
Old Navy Checkered Dress $30

 The first venture led me to pairing one of my closet staples with a few unsuspecting options. My staple piece is this Old Navy checkered dress. A buttoned up shirtdress is an easy transition piece for any creative to work with. I started by layering it with a brightly colored dress I normally wear without any sleeves. In the summer we often layer OVER what we wear in the off chance we need to warm up. Now that the months are getting cooler, think of layering UNDER. My final product is a preppy outfit fit for meeting with clients at work!



 

 This next option is a bit more grunge. All the fashion magazines tell us to wear jeans under our dresses but have you ever seen an option to pair your dress with a skirt? Since this dress is a button up, I am able to unbutton it half way so my similarly checkered skirt can peak through. When the breeze catches the tails of the dress, parting sides it frames your body. I'd wear this to a rock concert for a modern grunge look! 




























For my third option, I chose some black thigh high boots and a crewneck sweater for a smashing evening look! This outfit is surprisingly warm because these suede boots almost act as pants. If its really cold though, add some leggings or tights for a warmer option. If you want to go for a trendier look, you could roll up the sweater and style the dress' cuffs. You have so many options, they're just hanging in your closet waiting for you to discover. Let the creativity flow!

BONUS BELOW!
Remember this post? Touring Mainstrasse was my first layered looked with this same versatile dress! This time, a dress on top of a dress! The options are endless! #StyleYourself



Thanks so much for reading this week! I had fun unearthing more outfits in my own closet! All three looks are so different and could be worn for different events and outings. Which is your favorite? Tell me about it in the comments below! 

xoxo Happy Shopping!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images