Sophisticated Navy

8:00 AM


So this is the little project I've been working on… re-imaging my master. I wanted to recreate this space into my own homemade oasis. Luckily I have a ton of square footage and a lot of wall space to play around with. Anytime I recreate, I endlessly ponder over a color scheme or an idea before I ever actually make any decisions. However, as a determined designer the best place to begin is to have an idea. I decided on a calming but classic vision. Fancy and feminine without the frills! Isn't this duvet from West Elm just the most delicate work of art you've ever seen? Here are some other great options; 


These women are forever my inner-inspiration so how could I not include them?  
(Shown from left to right; Karlie Kloss, Cara Delevingne, and Taylor Swift.)


I have light carpeting and white wood trim in my condo so the most obvious decision in my head is to make those features POP, or to create contrast. Once I chose Sophisticated Navy paint for my walls the rest really just fell into place. Mixing materials and textures is always a great way to add interest to any room. Choosing a headboard was of course difficult, so rather than choose 1 style I chose 2! Dark wood to compliment my other furniture and a suede-like center to soften the look.


Clearly I shoot for the unexpected too. Nightstands that did not come as a set and mixing metallics! I highly recommend always having a small table lamp on both sides of the bed, for obvious reasons and to nix WWIII before it even starts. 



I am not entirely sure what it is about birds and birdcages but I gravitate towards both. (If you look closely, you'll see I continue to mix gold and silver items to create a personal and one of a kind look.)  


Who said drapes had to frame windows? Long silky drapes take this room to an infinitely more grandeur level. In college, the professors always stressed that our designs should have a personality. When it comes to designing and creating, there are no rules. 


I hope you all enjoyed my second surprise post. Remember to begin with an idea and go from there! I've found its easiest to choose one main element and then to continue adding piece by piece to create your personal one of a kind space. I've found all my bedroom essentials at different places and sometimes that helps bring the most personality and variety. I'd love to hear what you all think, and about your own experiences with recreating your own homes. 


Happy Shopping!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I LOVE what you did with your room! Especially the chandelier! Is there anyway you could blog about the do's and dont's of decorating a small space?? Tips on how to make the space feel bigger would be great! happy blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images