LWD: Little White Dress

8:00 AM


As I am sure you've all noticed by now,  I get a lot of my fashion inspiration from the royals (thanks Lorde.) Or otherwise known as celebrities. This week's LWD was inspired by an actual royal! The Duchess of Cambridge or better known as Kate Middleton is one of the major fashion icons of our generation. (Plus I'm totally feeling her fitness vibes!) Royal duties require Kate to impress in any situation. How does she always bring her A++ game? There are 3 things you should consider when choosing an ensemble for your own royal duties. (Mine was Easter dinner with my man and his family). 
1. Less is More
2. Fit with Form
3. Comfort


Less is always more. You could say that phrase any way you'd like… interpretation just depends on how you view it. In this case, I am talking about my accessories. Even though my dress is white and subtle, there is a LOT going on. So its best to keep your accessories to a minimum and let the dress remain the focal point. So I chose a small Tory Burch Crossbody Bag and these Aldo Gladiator Sandals. I skipped any statement jewelry and kept it simple with stud earrings and my Alex and Ani bracelets. 





Just a girl and her puppy.


Fit with form is probably the most important Kate rule to remember. In order to get that that clean classic look you should consider having your clothes professionally tailored. We all have different body types and shapes, and our clothes look better when they actually fit! Consider having a few nice dresses or a blazer tailored to fit your body. It will make all the difference and help you achieve that seemingly achievable perfect fit. You will not regret investing in tailored clothes, only that you'll wish you had done it sooner!




Comfort. This is probably the most surprising style tip you could think of when referring to glamorous Kate. Have you noticed her confidence? We never see pictures of her wincing from sore feet, or pulling at her clothes. This is because she's comfortable and she's confident. When our clothes fit properly we are more comfortable. There ARE comfortable heels to be bought and clothes in your closets to be fitted perfectly to your curves. Stay confident and comfortable and you'll be classy just like Kate!


My dress is out of stock but here are some fantastic alternatives for every price range! Also, I've done more of the searching to save you time and have included some alternatives to my handbag and shoes! 



Happy Shopping!! 
I'd love to hear what you all think in the comments below! Do you have a favorite fashion royal icon? Need any fashion advice? You can connect with me through Facebook, BlogLovin, or Instagram. I'd love to hear from you all! :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images