New York Fashion Week S/S 2016

11:00 AM

 
Ralph Lauren
"The Classic Chic"

Tory Burch
"The Modern Muse"

DVF
"The Ethereal Eve"

Jonathan Simkhai
"The Untouchable"


















Its that time of year ladies and gentlemen and I am so excited to be featuring my favorite pieces from this year's New York Fashion Week. I remember being a little girl and burring my face into my grandmother's fashion magazines. Harper's Bazaar being the saintly "fashion bible" staple. (I have a fabulously fashionable grandmother). Flipping page by page  I studied each and every look, absorbing as much as I could so I'd know exactly what to buy when my mom would take me shopping. Little do we realize as young women, labels are not an easy feat to achieve. Especially for a 13 year old living in the middle of suburban Ohio. Awesome.

However, many years of desiring the world's most elaborate and exquisite clothing rendered me into digging really deep. If I can't afford the exact designer pieces, then where can I get something similar? The truth is, retailers attend the same fashion shows showcased in all those magazines. Then the styles dwindle down to the racks we flippantly filter through looking for that perfect piece. There are some tricks to the trade to getting the retailers garb to runway glamour. 

"The Classic Chic" by Ralph Lauren... So I know what you're thinking. "What about this look is new?" The truth is, we have all seen this preppy midi skirt collared shirt look before, however its THE Classic look and who better than Ralph Lauren to conquer this feat. I've found some pieces that will get you started;



"The Modern Muse" by Tory Burch I originally had some hesitation about this outfit's color. Bright orange is not typically my favorite hue to sport. So I found some awesome alternatives! The thing to remember about this look is that its comfy, casual but dressy enough for a summer date night and its bringing back that "matchy-matchy" coordinating look. So pick an outfit combo, the color of your choice and make it your own!



"The Ethereal Eve" is my last look that I am just too ecstatic about! DVF's tie waist dress, simply magnificent! Scarlett and Navy were a huge color combination on the runway this season. I loved this dress because of the colors, the tiny print and the cut that allowed it to whimsically flow down the runway. I've found some great affordable alternatives that will showcase that waist and make you pop with color for the coming season! Happy Shopping!!


"The Untouchable" Honorable Mention by Jonathan Simkhai. First thoughts: "WOW!" My breath was taken away with this look! I will be looking for more laser cut detailed dresses this Spring! I've always gravitated towards high neck collars and long sleeves used in a single look. The look is so chic and in my words "untouchable." Check out this option I found below… I am vying to find an event suitable to wear this TopShop dress to! Happy Hunting!


Let me know if the comments below which look was your favorite! You can also tag me in a creation you've come up with for this Spring on my Instagram page! Thank you so much for supporting my love for design! 


All photos used in this post are the sole ownership of Harper's Bazaar and Beaux Monde Parti does not claim any rights. Photographic images are used as a reference and are not in any form claimed by Beaux Monde Parti.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images