Parti In The Park

11:05 AM








A rare February afternoon in Cincinnati allowed me to wear a dress I bought at Banana Republic back in late summer time. Cincinnati winters are not a forgiving time of year. Most February days, my silky chartreuse dress would better suit me as a scarf. However, today I wear it as the focus of my ensemble!

I am strictly a monochromatic type of dresser, mostly due to the bright crimson color growing from my head. (Is it obvious yet that I am an architect?) I have however, always been attracted to the color chartreuse. I had an epiphany one day… I saw a photo of Lupita Nyong'o wearing a structured chartreuse turtleneck sweater. A breathtaking photo it was, and suddenly I HAD to have some type of clothing in that color.

I encourage everyone to try new things. Lupita and I have polar opposite skin complexions but I wanted to badly to replicate her grandeur that I went for the unusual despite my insecurities. Im about a shade darker than Jack Frost but I thought "Perhaps if I channel Lupita enough, I may mimic her elegance in some way…" While I admit its not my best color, but its the best I've ever felt in such a loud color. I believe its important to try the things you like and MAKE IT work for you and your body type. The turtleneck was not going to be my piece… though a drop waist 1920's inspired dress seemed like the perfect fit.

How do you think I did? Let me know about your "epiphany" piece in the comments below!


Oscar winner Lupita Nyong'o in her breath taking chartreuse turtleneck sweater. See what I mean?

Tory Burch Cross-Body

Banana Republic Drop Waist Dress

Kate Spade Sunglasses

Fergie Wedge Shoe

Bangles

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Love the dress and the accessories! Your clutch reminds me of Mrs. Doubtfires bag, and I mean that to be a compliment of course!

    Wonderful inspiration and what a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images