The Square

12:00 AM



Matty and I continue to explore and enjoy our native Cincinnati. Between the months of May and October the nearby neighborhood of Hyde Park has a farmer's market on Sundays and a Square full of bars, restaurants and shops! 


I know some people may think leggings are not work appropriate however I think this depends on how you style them and what type of work environment and field you're in. As an architect, we wear a variety of outfits and are typically very creative introverted individuals. At my firm in particular we have a pretty lenient dress code. If I wear leggings I ensure I wear a sweater or shirt long enough to cover my tush and I pair them with some boots. I found these camouflage leggings at Nordstrom Rack last winter. 


In this case, I wore a series of layers (typically me right?). A long tan tank top, an RDI knit sweater with menswear styled elbow patches and my trusty TopShop Blazer. I have a lot of basics and solid neutrals which makes layering and creating new outfits pretty quick and easy. This allows me to choose an outfit at 6:30am with almost little to no thought. Easy as cake right? :) 


I find it so fascinating that unique characteristics we see in trend nowadays is actually paying homage to the past. 100 years ago, laborers had leather patches on their sweaters and jackets to keep that area from wearing down and obtaining holes as they knelt on their elbows at work. A style that was so essential years ago is merely a statement now. 


My friend Kat told me I looked "So chic" for wearing my blazer over my shoulders rather than wearing it the traditional way. Truthfully, my blazer is just very tailored and fits a bit too snug overtop a knit sweater. However, she was right, this look is SUPER hot this season! 



All smiles and proud to show off my rock! :D I continue to be immeasurably grateful for the presence of Matty in my life. 


I've always had a thing for sparkly things and jewelry is probably my biggest vice. I wore a pair of chandelier earrings with a menswear sweater and camo printed leggings because I enjoyed the tension this look created between the demure and the rough and tough. 

Thanks again for continuing to read my material! Is there any type of post you all enjoy reading the most? I'd love to hear from you! I hear a lot of feedback on my Instagram but Im waiting to engage you more on Facebook, Twitter and blog. ;)

HAPPY SHOPPING!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images