A Family Parti

12:00 AM


Welcome to my childhood home! I have the sweetest parents on the planet that threw a little family parti to celebrate my engagement to Matty! Matt and I wanted our families and siblings to be able to celebrate together to precede the calm before the storm, (aka wedding planning). 


 For this occasion, I wanted my outfit to be simple. Of course it was important to wear white as the bride-to-be, but rather than wash myself out I added some tan accessories for contrast. I recently purchased this cardigan from H&M and it is seriously the most comfy sweater I own! I love the color, its drapey silhouette with casual lapels and its only $40! It also comes in several colors, STEAL! 


(Gasp!) Yes I'm wearing white, AFTER Labor Day.


My parents built my childhood home in the early 90's and I forget how magical of place it really is. I adore the large wrap-around porch and charming curb appeal. This is a Victorian inspired house with modern amenities. In real life, its more like a life-size doll house. 


Being the rebel that I am, I always make an effort to break any outdated style rules. Such as; no white after labor day. Girlfriends, the 80's called and they want their rule back! Lets just keep up with the fashion industry because they're still marketing and selling white jeans as of September 14th... Check them out below;

I also busted out my trusty white blouse for the occasion. A classic staple piece that can always be worn in any season and clearly will coordinate with most skirts and or jeans. 



Aren't these flowers just gorgeous? Im crushing hard over this deep plum color! Think I should consider this style for the big day? Let me know what you think! 


Twirling around like the typical dork that I am. Remember not to be afraid to break any outdated fashion faux pas. After all rules were meant to be broken right? 

Happy Shopping! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images