DAAP Fashion Show Special

12:00 AM

If you have not heard, this gorgeous maxi dress won the fan favorite vote! Thank you everyone so very much for casting your votes! Wearing this dress was like walking through a dream, and I received so many compliments while parading around in it! I was happy to have been able to impress at this very special event.


Charlie Jade is the designer and has an entire collection worth of artistic pieces available at Nordstrom. I styled this dress with my minty green aldo gladiator flats and another one of my transitional bags (It can be worn as a shoulder bag, cross-body, or a clutch).


Since this dress has such a busy pattern with bright colors I wanted to skip wearing heavy jewelry. So instead I went with some bohemian turquoise earrings to compliment an already lively dress. The turquoise detail you see in my hair is actually some necklaces that I wrapped around my low chignon. 

Shown Above: Laurel Moore's "Prospettiva" Collection

On to the fashion show! All I have to say is WOW! I could not have been more impressed by such young talent right here in Cincinnati! The show was absolutely captivating and I could not have been happier for these young creators to finally bring their work to the runways.

Shown Above: Brandon Bower's "Reality's Baptism" Collection

Shown Above: Emma Augutis' "Splashy" Collection

As I watched each model cascade down the runway showcasing the next collection I was astounded by the realization that I was not watching a student designed show. These designers surpassed the status of student long before this show. This show is a master's level performance of wearable art. 

Shown Above & Below: Alexandra Thompson's "In The Spring" Collection

Can you believe every single item in all of these pictures was hand-crafted by the designer's themselves? As an architect I can attest to the difficulty in acquiring this amount of detail into a single idea. This feat was not only achieved in each collection but it was well executed. As artists, what we see in our mind and what we draw on paper do not always directly translate three dimensionally. I have come across this issue in my own line of work.  However our work is constantly evolving, even until the very last second and these designer's created looks that not only worked on the runway but would work on real people. They are the future of fashion, and this is your first look 
Inside the Designer's Mind.

Shown Above: Rachael Bailey's "Plastic Bloom" Collection

Shown Above: Chelsea Burgess' "Transparent Fiction" Collection

Shown Above: Abby Wilson's "Ren" Collection

Shown Above: Cloe Benedict's "Entanglement" Collection

I am excited to announce I will be featuring three of these brilliant young designers on the blog in the coming weeks! I will be bringing you Inside the Designer's Mind with all the details about three of these uniquely autobiographical collections.  The three collections I will be featuring are not shown in this post... because you wouldn't want me to spoil the surprise, would you? Stay tuned for a more in-depth analysis of the path these designer's choose to wander in search of extrapolating their visions. 

Happy Shopping!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images