Becoming Audrey

12:00 AM


First, have you cast your vote for the winning look I am to wear to the 2016 DAAP Fashion Show? If not, there is still time! Voting does not close until this coming Thursday at midnight (EST.). So head over to the DAAP Fashion Show post from last Sunday and cast your votes in the comments or on our Instagram or Facebook pages. The winning look will be unveiled at the Fashion Show! Why is it so important for you to vote? This is a reader's choice vote and each outfit showcases some of this season's hottest trends and I simply cannot choose myself!

Back to Becoming Audrey, my old hollywood icon. This is Audrey Hepburn, famous for "Breakfast at Tiffanys" and "My Fair Lady." Audrey has always been my style icon. I think her identity is defined with simplicity and exeduing class. In essence she is the Coco Chanel of the 20th century. 


I was experiencing one of those "I have nothing to wear" kind of mornings. As I sat in front of my closet I just stared at the racks of clothes, all the shoes neatly aligned in my shoe rack and my countless dust-bags protecting my designer handbags. How could I have n o t h i n g to wear? The truth of the matter is that I was just not feeling inspired. When our creative juices are running flat we tend to get flustered and give up, but there is hope!  


On this morning, I decided to turn to the women that inspire me most. I find that if I scroll through my "Favorite Talents" board on Pinterest something will spark my attention and get those juices flowing. I saw some pictures I had posted of Audrey and thought "Why not become Audrey today…?" 


I find that starting with a neutral canvas and adding pieces to that canvas will bring a nice homogenous look to your outfit. I chose a black and white A-line circle skirt and a black sweater (Two staple items all women should have!).  Simple and classic in an Audrey kind of way. With the exception of the scarf, I've owned every other piece I am wearing in this post for more than a year! 


I was amazed with how I was able to create my own modern Audrey inspired look with pieces that I already had in my closet! From a previous post, Back to Basics, I explained how I like to mix patterns and textures. Choosing a printed skirt and scarf was a no brainer so I chose to go simple everywhere else. I pulled my hair back in a sleek ponytail and chose stud earrings and a simple Ring Box Clutch. This is how I found something to wear and modernized my old hollywood look. 


I chose classic Ray-Ban Wayfarers and Steve Madden black pumps to top off my look. Next time you're having that same feeling of not knowing what to wear I hope you'll take my advice and turn to your favorite style icons or finally replicate a look on your Dream Closet board on Pinterest. 



 Thank you all so much for continuing to read my material! I would LOVE to hear from you all! Who is your 20th century style icon? Marilyn Monroe? Princess Diana? Grace Kelly? Id love to hear about your tips and tricks for how you've overcome the tragedy of having nothing to wear. ;)  Happy Closet Hunting!

Want to see how this outfit looks in color? Check out my Instagram page for more photos! We are also on Pinterest, Facebook and BlogLovin'. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images