Pain-Free Packing

12:00 AM



The first cardinal rule in choosing clothes to pack for a vacation is variety. The second, similarity and the third diversity. Sound contradicting? I'd think so… keep reading ;)


My goals for successful packing always includes how to pack the least amount of clothing and accessories (so I have less to lug around) while still appearing as though i've worn a different outfit for each day of the week. I consider variety as a translation to the type of items you choose to bring. If you only bring 1 type of clothing on a trip then there really is no way to mix, match and pair these items differently. Your best bet is to take a couple dresses, then a few options for tops and bottoms that can be paired easily. (The above dress doubles as a beach cover-up, a dress, or a long 'jacket' to pair with a shorter dress or shorts).


Similarity in clothing will be your biggest ally. Most of my clothing is flowy and not typically form fitting so I don't usually have issues with the cut or silhouettes when pairing items together. However, for any vacation i'll pick a few similar colors that will pair well together to add variety and in turn create diversity. This cognac knit cardigan can double as a second layer for chilly restaurants and nights on the beach or as another swimsuit layer. Hilton Head in particular is always on "island time." It is not uncommon to see people wearing only swimsuits, so if you make any effort to throw on another layer before walking into the Piggly Wiggly no one even glances twice.



This cute little nightie I bought for this trip is from H&M and it was only $14.99! Unfortunately it is currently out of stock however here are some other cute options;
I can sleep in the nightshirt above or wear it as a casual shirt to grab salty water taffy and a drink at the tiki hut! Remember, you're on vacation! No fussing!



As far as we go with diversity, you can achieve this with a little something I always talk about; its called creativity! The hat above you've seen all over my Instagram (follow me if you have not already) which I wore bike riding around the island and to the beach. I love having the options to mix and match styles, patterns, and textures too!


My basic white denim shorts are easily one of my most dynamic pieces! You can go neutral with these shorts and wear all basic colors or you can pair it with a loud and proud top. The above and below photos show an easy transition from day to night. Changing out your accessories can do a world of difference if you do not have time to do a full outfit swap between afternoon shopping and dinner. I love the casual beach bag I have shown above! Its from Target, so versatile and only $40! 
I've found some other great affordable options for you below;
Straw Tote $34.99
Patterned Tote $34.99


Once Upon A Time… yeah I forgot my shoes to that fancy Detroit wedding a few weekends ago so I stopped at a Detroit area Payless to grab some soul for my soles! Thats where I picked up these Kailey Ankle Strap Pumps. If you did not catch my wedding attire post you can still check it out here; How to Dress as a High Society Dress.  


I hope this helps you ladies the next time you have to pack for something when you don't even know where to start! Have fun on your vacation, relax and recover under those rays. You deserve it, Pain-Free Packing is one more drop of sweat off your brow! Best of all 
Happy Shopping!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images